Auto Manufacturers, Suppliers, Autonomous Vehicles, Semiconductor Leaders, Battery Manufacturers
Supporting American small businesses and underpinning the tax base of entire regions.
Automotive ecosystem drives $1 trillion into U.S. economy each year — nearly 5% of GDP
Almost 10 million jobs coast to coast; $105 billion in exports
Every direct job in vehicle manufacturing supports 10.5 additional American jobs
Every $1 spent in vehicle manufacturing creates additional $3.45 in economic value
DRIVING FORCE breaks down the ways the auto industry supports the American economy and strengthens communities in all 50 states. Cutting-edge facilities that assemble millions of cars and trucks. Major transportation infrastructure to export completed products to points across the country and around the world.
Real people. Real investment. Building the cleanest, safest, smartest vehicles ever and redefining personal transportation for the next generation and beyond.
Download the Full Report
Auto Innovators: A Driving Force Across America
- 9.6 million jobs coast to coast: nearly 1 in 20 U.S. jobs are supported by the Auto Industry
- In 25 states, more than 100,000 jobs are supported by the auto industry
- Every direct job in vehicle manufacturing supports 10.5 additional American jobs;
- The automotive ecosystem drives $1 trillion into U.S. economy each year — nearly 5 percent of GDP
- Every $1 in vehicle manufacturing creates an additional $3.45 in economic value
- Motor vehicles and parts were the second largest U.S. export in 2021 — more than $105 billion in goods